Rewarding Volunteer opportunities are available as part of United Way's partnership with VITA (Volunteer Tax Assistance). See below:
Technology / Computer Set-Up volunteers
Timeframe for these volunteers: November 2016 – April 2017
These volunteers work closely with the Program Coordinator and site leaders to assist in setting up the tax preparation sites at various East, Central, and West Pasco locations.
- Volunteers need to be available from November through April to assist with computer setup and site support.
- Responsible for ensuring all computer components (laptops, printers, etc.) are connected properly and are fully functioning.
- Duties include physical setup of computer hardware, networking, shared printers, trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Requires IRS Standards of Conduct Certification
Share your leadership skills!
• Responsible for the overall activities of the VITA site.
• Schedules volunteers and supervises return preparation
• Contact person for the site and act as liaison between the other site volunteers and United Way of Pasco County
• Must complete the advanced tax certification process and supplemental certifications.
Client Facilitators volunteers
Engage with people at the tax sites!
• Welcome tax filers to the tax site during the tax season
• May also inform taxpayers about other available community resources
• Verifies client credentials and information required to prepare return
• Participation in one hour training is required
• Requires IRS Standards of Conduct certification test
• Oversees the flow of clients to preparers and quality review
Site Volunteer Scheduler
Detail oriented skills are helpful!
• Schedules tax appointments for filers
• Manage the appointment calendar and walk-in traffic
• Collects time sheets
• Calls clients about missed appointments
• Requires IRS Standards of Conduct Certification
• Assists clients complete intake paperwork as necessary
For more details about this program, you can call 727-835-2023 or click respond to volunteer for this opportunity and a United Way representative will be in touch with you.
If you wish to respond to the volunteer need, please take a few minutes to register on this Get Connected volunteer site. You only need to register once on Get Connected and enjoy connecting with wonderful volunteer projects. Thank you!